I have been wanting to write a blog with a list. One of the greatest things that I’ve learned through life is to keep moving forward, no matter what life hits us with. It’s not always easy. I know, I’ve been there.
But one of the greatest tools that has helped me personally is honesty.
It is one of those things that no one can help you with. It’s one of those things where you are completely on your own. And I will tell you from experience, that when I decided to NOT be honest with myself–I suffered. I suffered over and over and over again. It wasn’t fun.
So what about this list?
Well, okay I am going to leave a list for anyone to read. Write them down, or do them as you read them and really think about your answers. Remember, no one knows but you, the truth. So? Are you ready? Here we go!
- What is your favourite color?
- Why is that color your favourite for?
- What was the last thing that made you laugh?
- Why do you think it was funny for you?
- What is your favourite season?
- Why is that your favourite season?
- If you could have one type of day where you would just relax and enjoy ‘me’ time, what type of day would it be? Describe it.
- Who was the last person who really irritated you?
- How did you handle it the irritation?
- Pick one to live in- city apartment, lake house, suburban house, or castle/mansion?
- Why did you pick that last answer?
- Is there a person at work/home who bugs/bothers you?
- Why do you think they bother you?
- What was the last bill you paid?
- Did you want to pay it?
- If you didn’t pay that one bill, what would you have spent your money on instead?
- What is your favourite thing about where you live? Your home.
- What is something you could do for hours and not notice the time go by?
- Do you do that for a living? Why not?
- Is there a special person in your life?
- Does that person know that they mean a lot to you? How do you express it?
- Is there a special hobby/gift/skill that you have that no one really knows about? What is it?
- Pick one. Business attire. Casual clothes. Cowboy boots/hats. Beach wear. Snow Parkas and snowmobiles.
- Are you living the life you want right now? How or why not?
- Do you have personal improvements that you’d like to start work on regarding yourself? Attitudes/beliefs/habits, etc.
- When do you plan to start?
- Do you like talking about yourself or does it make you uncomfortable?
- Is this list getting too long?
- Did you learn anything?
- How do you feel?
If you got to the end, good for you! You have patience. Patience is a good trait to have with everything and anything because life isn’t always going to give you what you want. It’s all a learning process and I believe that we will go through any process (that we need!) until we learn what it has to teach us.
Thanks for reading….and participating!